[M4L] Using Spoutsender on a M4L Device

Hi there!

I’m pretty new to using M4L, Jitter and Spout. I’m making an art installation that involves the use of computer vision to track blobs in lavalamps. I was wondering if the Spoutsender object is capable of sending out video data (coming from a jit.world object) when the device is not opened, but operating in Ableton Live Suite 12. I’ve tried it, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Right now, I have a jit.world object connected to the input of the Spout Receiver, which works whenever the device is opened. Once I close the device and start it up using it’s presentation interface in Ableton, the jit.world renders correctly but the Spout Receiver does not receive anything (I can find the sender name in the SpoutPanel, but it does not seem to receive the dimensions or any video data).

I can’t seem to find any information about this online. Could anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance!

Greetings
Ties

The jit.gl.spoutsender object initializes only when a texture is available. Somehow that is not being received when you switch to Ableton.The code is here if you can follow it through.

One caveat is to make sure that all the applications are using the same GPU. I found this and this which might help lead to a solution.

I regret that I am not familiar enough with Ableton to reproduce what you describe. Perhaps others more expert may assist here.