"Cannot create DirectX/OpenGL interop" error when trying to spout from Processing to Resolume7

I’m trying to spout from my processing sketch (the example provided with the library) to Resolume arena 7. As soon as I try displaying the image on Resolume, I get this error and the program crashes.

I have tried putting processing and resolume on the same GPU to no avail.

I am running windows 10 on
Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
32GB ram

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Usually this occurs where there is more than one GPU such as for a laptop with dual graphics. You menition changing GPU, so I assume that there is more than one in your system. You will find similar posts on this forum and the testing carried out.

You can run a diagnostic using SpoutSettings, it will show the graphics cards detected and whether the primary display is compatible with the OpenGL/DirectX interop. Copy to clipboard and paste here.

Is the Processing sketch received by the Spout demo receiver? What about other receiving programs? Is this isolated to Resolume?

When the sketch starts you should see the library version. It should be the latest : Spout 64bit v2.0.7.3

Help > About in the Spout demo receiver will show the program version (latest is 2.050).

Any progress with this?

I suspect that it’s something to do with multiple graphics cards and maybe similar to this post and this one.

Both Processing and Resolume have to be using the same graphics adapter.

If you can induce the problem with the demo receiver by chaging the graphics adapter used by the program, we might be able to track it down through the error logs.