I’m currently experiencing an issue regarding the output of Spout within the Max framework. The transmission doesn’t work correctly on my side, it almost looks like some kind of ‘pixel error’. Please take a look at the following screen capture: Spout - Google Drive
These examples are covering the transmission from:
- Spout sender to Spout receiver // pixel error appears
- Spout sender to TouchDesigner // pixel error appears
- TouchDesigner to Spout receiver // is working fine
This issue first appeared to me when trying to send the output of the Spectral One visualizers (hosted in Ableton via M4L, also using Spout) to the TouchDesigner Syhpon Spout In TOP. Thanks to Chris Vik, the Developer of Spectral One, we were able to isolate the issue to only exist within the Max framework on the sender side.
I’ve already updated to the newest version of Spout (2.007). Additionally, I’ve moved the Spout installation to a folder that doesn’t rely on administrative rights and installed the provided versions of the Visual Studio Runtime.
Here are some more specifications to my system:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T480 running Windows 7 64-Bit
- External graphics card (eGPU) AMD RX Vega 56 OC
- Processor is an Intel Core i7-8550U
- All in all 16GB of RAM
I would be really glad if anybody could help me out on that as I’m working on an audiovisual performance with a smaller group of people.
Thanks in advance!